Click on either logo above to visit the project web site
In March and April, 1996, a group of genealogists organized the MIGenWeb Project. The idea was to provide a single entry point for all Michigan counties, where collected databases would be stored. In addition, the databases would be indexed and cross-linked, so that even if an individual were found in more than one county, they could be located in the index. At the same time, volunteers were found who were willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the web page.
My name is Joe Markovich and I am the MIGenWeb Manistee County coordinator. Submittals of historic documents, photos, and just about anything else genealogical related are always welcome for publication in this website.
If you would like to host a MIGenWeb County page, or assist the project in any other way, please contact the Michigan State Coordinator, Jan Cortez or the Assistant State Coordinator Joe Markovich. I am also the county coordinator for the MIGenWeb counties of Alcona, Berrien, Crawford, Dickinson, Iron, Menominee, Montmorency, Oakland and Roscommon.
Search the Manistee Site
Enter the appropriate text in the box below
Search Manistee County MIGenWeb Archives
Search MANISTEE County MIGenWeb or Search This Site
Research and Look Up Requests
I am unable to do your personal research. I do not live in Alcona county or in Michigan and I do not have access to additional records. If you do not see the information you are seeking in this site, I do not have it as everything I have is posted in this site.
- Site navigation is through the tree on the left hand of the screen.
- The tree is arranged by topics and sub-topics, as in an outline.
- Sub-topics are accessible by clicking on any topic that has a "+" sign next to it.
- The graphic below shows the Biographies (inactive) data topic in this website expanded by clicking on the "+" sign next to the Biographies data topic. Note: Not all biographes are shown in the Biographies graphic below.
- There also is a Navigation Panel located in the center at the bottom of each page. The Navigation Panel enables the viewing of the first or last page of the Manistee site or to step thru the site one page at a time. The Navigation Panel (inactive) graphic is shown below.
Manistee Website Last Updated: Wed Oct-16-2019 23:23
Comments, suggestions, submittals always welcome, email Joe Markovich